Recent Results and Activities
- September 2011: Successfully negotiated a plea offer in which a client charged with two serious violent felonies was allowed to enter an in-patient drug and alcohol program in lieu of a possible decades-long sentence in the Texas State Penitentiary.
- September 2011: Successfully negotiated the settlement of a matter involving insurance fraud claims on behalf of clients who had been carjacked at gunpoint with their two small daughters in the vehicle who were unable to secure insurance funds from their insurance company in a timely and good-faith manner.
- October 2011: Successfully negotiated a settlement in the amount of $40,000 in a breach of contract and foreclosure action on behalf of a client who had not been compensated for nearly two years’ worth of unpaid invoices for cleaning services.
- November 2011:
- Facilitated dismissal of misdemeanor theft and drug possession charges based on a discrepancy discovered in evidence found in State’s file at a pre-trial setting.
- Successfully defended tenant in forcible detainer suit, saving she and daughter from eviction from their home in which they had lived for over five years.
- December 2011: Drafted Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements for local entrepreneur with a start-up business venture.
- January 2012: Successfully argued for reduced punishments for clients in criminal jury trials that were favorable to the client in relation to the terms of the prosecutor’s settlement offer prior to trial.
- April 2013: Achieved a unanimous verdict of Not Guilty in a case where our client faced three (3) counts of first-degree Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child. The trial lasted four days, and our client was fully exonerated from allegations against him. We are proud to say that our client was released on his 32nd birthday after spending eight (8) months in custody in the Montgomery County Jail. Thank you to everyone who participated in the defense effort!